Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's A Fine Line

...between something that's working, and something that's not. Take this pleated skirt. I loved the intricate lace and tulle detailing, but it just didn't quite sit right. Too saggy at the hips, and I was ready to write it off.
IMG_3797
My rose buckle belt saved it from being another impulse buy heading for the donation bin. It was a favourite item of mine when I was in Europe, simply because it made everything look and fit better. The elastic meant it was flexible to fit on nearly any bottom, pants, shorts or skirts.
IMG_3794cropped
Nearly gone too to the bin was this Talula navy blue blouse, which I loved at first sight but then soon grew tired. Love's a fickle thing, right?
IMG_3798
But suddenly, paired with equally blue Marc by Marc Jacobs pumps, I was madly in love again.

Wearing:
Brown cropped swingy jacket with pearl details, Mom's find from Hong Kong
Navy blue blouse, Aritzia
Lace and tulle fringed skirt, Zioni
Rose buckle belt, from Hong Kong
Vintage Gucci bag, pilfered from Mom
Navy blue pumps, Marc by Marc Jacobs

11 comments:

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

Hot outfit! And I love how you link "what worked" and "what didn't work" and then offer options on how to make it work!

Teresa said...

I love elastic belts! They do make things fit better. The rose one you have is very elegant and goes so well with the sweet lace skirt.

LOL I know weird spot to comment back about Greedy Pig...but yes absolutely love the bone marrow in chinese soups. My fave is my mom's lotus root soup with bone marrow. And chinese soups always taste better a few days later.

黃愛玲 said...

I love this outfit to bits! Stunning!

MizzJ said...

Great outfit! You look very cute and ladylike :) It's always such a good feeling when one finds a way to revitalize an old item.

VancityAllie said...

Soooo very, very cute. Those blue pumps really tie it all together.

By the way, I LOVE that skirt on you. So feminine!

Lisa said...

I love how this entire outfit works together--the blue in your blouse and pumps, the rose belt buckle and the delicate lace and tulle details on your skirt. It goes together but isn't too matchy-match. Very nice indeed!

Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing when you re-fall in love with clothing items? It doesn't happen that often with me but when it does... magical.

Your outfit is so lovely! I love how feminine it is! Great save with that skirt :)

Melissa

The Backseat Stylers said...

So I'm pretty much in LOVE with that jacket. Of course it's from Hong Kong. The best fashion finds are always from there!

The Anthology said...

Super cute!

And now I want blue pumps. Love em!

*Kelsey

Sonia said...

I love your skirt! I am a Taurus too :)

Sonia // Dozen Dresses xo

nicole said...

This is such a lovely outfit and you look so chic and sophisticated Liv! I love your pumps (of course), that jacket fits you perfectly and I love the way it's "swingy" haha. That belt is super cute too, the rose buckles are so pretty!