Saturday, May 30, 2009

Turkish Delight


Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days; it's been a very hectic week at the agency with several campaigns near launch time. I slowed down today to take time out for myself. Lovely horse ride in the morning with Fancy and then I indulged at a Turkish style spa this afternoon. I'm now as relaxed as butter after being steamed, scrubbed and rubbed.

I can only imagine what such a bath house in Turkey would be like. I have never been to Turkey but I would love to go and stay at a beautiful place like the Mehmet Ali Aga Mansion, a restored 200-year old mansion with an original hammam (Turkish steam bath). Heavenly!

I love the vibrant and warm colours.

The turquoise water looks so inviting.

I could easily sip tea and curl up with a book here after a long day of ancient ruins exploration or hunting in the local market for exotic trinkets.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

ooh i must look into that spa...
i'd love to visit turkey & see the hagia sophia in person.

Livie said...

@quelle - yes it's divine! @anthology is going to turkey this summer!

Kelsey said...

In two weeks! Cannot wait!

MizzJ said...

Ooh that does look like heaven