Monday, October 12, 2009

Chanel Spring 2010


Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers! I'm squeezing in a quick blog post here before I jet off for a family turkey dinner. I saw this gorgeous Spring 2010 Chanel RTW show posted on Style.com and I wanted to share some of my favourite looks with you. I must say sadly I currently own no Chanel items other than makeup, but a watch and classic quilted handbag is most definitely on my list!

Karl Lagerfield created a collection for a youthful, coquettish kind of girl. The setting was a country barn where models walked across a hay-strewn floor, looking slightly devious. The clothes were for the upscale girl gone country, perhaps out for a romp and a roll about in the French countryside.

The classic tweed skirt-and-jacket sets were there, in nude and beige shades (very on-trend) but in very short cuts (also very on-trend). I was crazy about the clunky clogs and wedge heels, as well as the criss-crossed hosery.


I loved the fun and slightly naughty spirit of the collection, and these are clothes that I would love to have in my closet. I also really enjoyed the fuller shapes of the dresses, which further highlighted a narrow waistline.



The two looks below remind me a little Kirsten Dunst's world in Marie Antoinette - completely sugary and frivolous, but just the kind of eye candy I love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this collection! You picked some great looks. Karl does it again...

nicole said...

sigh, such a beautiful collection, totally brings out my inner girly haha

Haute World said...

Loved the setting of this show! And of course Karl can do no wrong with his designs. Even though I find Lily Allen to be a bit annoying, I thought having her rise out of the floor to perform was a pretty nice touch. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving dinner!

MizzJ said...

Perfect quinessential Chanel.

VancityAllie said...

Now THAT is a designer collection I can identify with!

Pretty dresses, strong colours, and a little saucy.

I LOVE IT!

Great find Liv :)