Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Spring Brings: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Hopefully there's only a few more weeks of winter left as I'm looking forward to some of these very wearable looks from Marc by Marc Jacobs. The collection can be summed up as, "what the chic boys and girls wear".  Again, a trend in the spring is heavy 80's - and we see that here. Unlike the rock n roll 80's punk style we saw for Rock and Republic, this collection is all about fun, lightness and utility. 80's wash denim, canvas shoes, neon accessories (I love the neon pink string bracelets and layered necklaces), cargo and khaki capris pants (often rolled up), and high waisted shorts put together a picture of youthful exuberance. He somehow even made fanny packs work.

The menswear was a standout - I know rolled up capris and short shorts aren't for every guy, but the boys that walked this runway looked fine.


And what's a Marc by Marc Jacobs collection without the hot accessories? I am in want of sunglasses like these and I can't wait to take a closer look at the bags.


I was skeptical of the whole neon trend when I first spotted it, but I am now completely enamored.  

There's a kind of Johnny Depp cool about this look:



(All pictures from Style.com)


No comments: