Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3.1 Phillip Lim Resort 2010


Ever since I saw a very haute hippie pair of Birkenstocks designed by 3.1 Phillip Lim for Tatami, I've watched this designer with interest. After all, this is a man that made me want to shell out over $150 for birks - a brand of footwear that made me shudder. Now comes his very wearable and New York-chic Resort line, and I am enamored all over again. I adore the lace work on the little white dress and mini skirt - romantic but not too frilly to be sexy. The high waisted, rolled-up shorts and jacket combos are smart and modern. There were some misses, namely patchwork denim, and a light denim jumpsuit (even though I normally love jumpsuits). However, most of it is highly wearable. I love how Lim brings back old-fashioned, feminine touches, like lace and polka dots, and makes them so chic and new. The look is pretty, but distinctively urban.



All images from Style.com

4 comments:

Haute World said...

This is a great range... I also love the draped items in this collection. You are so right about the feminine and chic aspect. It's not too girly or tacky, but romantic in a very modern way. I'm not usually a fan of pastels or paler shades, but this is something I could definitely wear.

VancityAllie said...

Wow, I love that look! Soooo wearable, like you say.

I really, really LOVE that white frilly blouse on the second photo. Mixed with the grey... something I would absolutely wear.

Anyone who can make a Birkenstock look sexy is in my good books! I happen to like Birks ;)

MizzJ said...

Great looks, very fresh and a great example of modern American style.

misch said...

I'm totally with you on this, we were really pleased with his resort/pre-spring collection! One of his best!! We bought that first dress in the cream colour, the little rolled up bottom mini skirt (it comes with that belt, yay!), and the polka dot blouse in the last image, along with a bunch of other stuff!