Sunday, August 29, 2010

Did you miss me?

IMG_0728
Hope you're having a good Labour day long weekend. Are you all ready for Fall yet? Back from Europe now, trying to sort out my pictures so I can get blogging again. In all I visited Copenhagen, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Provence, and Paris - a whirlwind of a trip. I loved spending time in the museums and seeing the art by the Dutch masters and my favourite, the French impressionists. Walking into the Musee D'Orsay, I felt like a kid in a candy store. Renoir, Van Gogh, Degas, Monet all in one place? Squee!
IMG_0731
I wish I could say I drew these but I cheated and used SketchMe, which I'm completely obsessed with right now. The sketches are from some pics of me poolside in Provence at the wonderful place we stayed at. I wrote a short post about the pleasures of Provence at The Unreserved if you want a sneak peak, but there'll be more on that to come here.

Some more inspiring illustrations for you then until I finish the photo upload. By Caroline Andrieu, an art director for Vogue and GQ. I completely love the details on the shoes. Visit her blog, Tight Sweater, for her latest.

I'll be back soon so hopefully so will you!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

glad you had such a fab time in Europe...so very jealous. I want to go back and do a proper trip around France and Italy. Those illustrations look good too!