Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yearning for Stylish Equestrian Wear


I have always struggled to find really stylish equestrian apparel.  Everywhere I look, it's all the same-old, same-old - nothing really unique and designer.  Sure, I love the well made quality and preppy looks from Pikeur, Arista, Harry Hall, and Ariat, but there's nothing out there that spoke to the horsey stylista in me.  Enough of the gore-tex Mountain Horse wear, and clashing pink, blue and green striped Joules polos already!

That is, until I came across O'Halloran.  This is what one could wear riding with royalty in Ireland on a mock hunt, and you would look hot doing so (Hello Prince Harry!).   O'Halloran also carried a regular fashion line, including this beautiful long duster, and a bolero made out of a "rich terracotta fabric".  The O'Halloran lady is aristocratic, yet ever so slightly rebellious in the details.

Sadly, O'Halloran is no longer in business as the founder, Cathleen O'Halloran-Cordova, sustained a serious riding accident in 2006 from which she is still recovering.  I sincerely wish her all the best.  Until O'Halloran returns, I will have to continue my search.

Some more looks:

Beautiful full-seat breeches with a Gucci-esque bit-belt.


Beautiful herringbone shadbelly vest with navy suede collar.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on a horse since I was seven but I would wear that vest. It's lovely. Actually, the whole equestrian look is lovely.

Livie said...

I just love that vest!

now think - pair this equestrian look with that valentine's weekend in Ireland that you wrote about in The anthology - http://theanthology.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/know-what-i-did-on-valentines-day/