Saturday, April 3, 2010

HK Hist List 3: One Leg at a Time

Hi loves!! I've arrived in Hong Kong so wanted to squeeze in a quickie before heading out. The weather here is crappy but I'm hoping it turns around soon because I'm taking a riding lesson tomorrow at the Clearwater Bay Equestrian Centre! I'm sooo pumped - it's one of the few private barns on Hong Kong (most of the others are run by the Jockey Club) and it's supposed to be fancy. My niece is just starting to ride so we'll be heading out together. I also hit up a few stores yesterday - including Burberry (badly wanted one of the trenches from Spring 2010 but no small sizes left), agnes b (sorry I'm missing the accent aigu) and Anna Sui.

Hit List 3 comes a little late since I already started checking it off the list within my 24 hours of arriving. Because I'm short, I have a hard time finding great fitting pants. Now that I'm back amongst a population where everyone else is my size, I need to shop for pants!

I'm loving anything that's tapered and slightly baggier around the waist. Khaki pants haven't been on my list for a while but it's back big time this spring with military/safari inspired looks. And a grey pair of tapered pants will go with just about anything in my closet.

Below: Elie Tahari khaki pants and Kimchi Blue grey trousers from Urban Outfitters

On the casual side, I'm keeping my eyes open for slouchy, cropped sweats.

Below: T by Alexander Wang grey sweats and Elizabeth and James City Slicker pants

I love to maximize mileage with clothes that go from weekday to weekend. With the right tops and accessories, I can dress these twill cargos and skinny leggings up or down.

Below: Juicy Couture twill cargo pants and Urban Outfitters black leggings.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! Heading out now for some old school dim sum.

8 comments:

MizzJ said...

Aww too bad about the weather, but yay for the shopping with everything in our sizes!! I like the look of those trousers you picked. Cuffs are big this year it looks like.

Teresa said...

oh loving those pants. hope you have fun on your horseriding day! haha funny enough I purposely bought long jeans so I could turn the bottom into cute cuffs

nicole said...

hey liv! thanks for the welcome back, even though your lucky butt is in HK! how long are you there for?? and riding lessons sound like a lot of fun so I hope the weather let's up for you as well!

don't worry, you're not the only crazy one, I'll be dreaming of Cabo for awhile.. probably until I go back later this year!


thanks for all your kind words. I tried my best to capture the best of Cabo is as few pictures as possible - glad you liked it!

and you hit that recipe right on the head, any combination of sun, sand, sea with margaritas, seafood and ice cream is sure to be a hit!

have fun in hk! looking forward to your pics when you get back! take care xo

p.s. great pant picks, love the kimchi blue ones, you'll definitely want to load up on pants while you're there, have fun shopping!

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

A place where pants fit petites?! HK always sounded dreamy too me, and now it's confirmed that I must, must go!

Have a lovely time horseback ridding! Sounds lovely gubly ;)

Kelly said...

have fun!!
hope you can find some things off your hit list; can't wait to see your haul!

Lisa said...

Shopping for petite-sized pants in Hong Kong is a brilliant idea. I hope you come home with lots of covetable pairs.

Niki said...

i loooove everything on your hit lists, such good picks. i can't wait to see what you bring back! xx

Haute World said...

Sorry to hear about the weather. They showed a shot on CNN today and it looked like the sun never came out and there was only fog? In any case, hope you had a great time at the Equestrian Center! That sure must beat the crazy horses in Fanling ;-)

Aren't there around 20 Burberry stores in HK? Surely one of them must have the trench you want in your size? Otherwise I'd just call a Burberry store when you get back (it's probably cheaper in the States and the UK... almost all of them deliver abroad). Good luck with your other shopping endeavors!