Friday, January 8, 2010

Do It All the Same

Photobucket
I once tried to start an all-girl band with my bestie. We both had Fender stratocasters, and we tried to teach ourselves to play. We were both drummers too so we figured we could definitely rock it out at the next Lollapalooza as riot grrls. Our repertoire consisted of a handful of Hole (Live Through This, especially Doll Parts), Nirvana, Veruca Salt and Smashing Pumpkins songs.

Well, needless to say, we never hit the top 20 but I did make time to drop this random album. "Do it All the Same" by Waipati River.

I confess. I was tagged by both Teresa of Senses and Style and Deanne of Dream Sequins with creating my own, random album cover. And here's how you can do it too (this means I'm tagging you):

Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “random… Read More”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 – Go to “Random quotations”
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 – Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 – Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.

So what are you waiting for? Go do a random album cover, blog it, teach others how to do it, and tag everyone you know.

Image for album art courtesy of Hayden Lihou.

PS - I still have that beautiful blue electric guitar somewhere. One of these days, maybe I'll pick it up again.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

very pro looking...looks like a potential album for a band like 'my chemical romance'. You have the pipes to be a lead singer for sure. You'd look so cute and rockin while jumping around the stage and doing some heading banging...I totally see it!

PS. soup in my Finch pic is actually French Onion soup :) not sure if it's a regular item tho

Haute World said...

Ahh, I've always wanted to play the guitar, but never went beyond piano lessons. However my friends and I did pretend to be in a girl band which mainly involved a lot of playback ;-)

Great tag! Why do I have the feeling that many artists actually do use this method to think of album and band names?

Haute World said...

P.S. Oh and do let me know if you make it to Paris in August. It would be lovely if we could finally meet :)

Tom Bailey said...

I was just playing my guitar recently that is a cool guitar.

Thanks for sharing.


Tom

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

pick that guitar up girl!