Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Hit - Fox Opticals

After sleeping in a comfy bed in the sky courtesy of Cathay Pacific, I arrived on Saturday morning in Hong Kong. After a short refresh and dim sum, I headed out to my favorite and only choice for eyewear: Fox Opticals (12 Cochrane Street in Central, Hong Kong). I have been coming here for years, and these guys know how to do it right. Highly attentive service, a wide array of designer brands (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Dior, Prada, Oliver Peoples to name a few), and the very best in lens technology (thinner and lighter than anything you'll be able to find in Vancouver) are their trademarks, and locals and tourists alike climb the steep narrow steps to find this tiny shop for top quality eyewear. What I really love about Fox, is their expertise in finding you that perfect pair. Instead of having to pore through all countless pairs beneath the glass counter, these guys will pull out the best fitting pairs for you based on your prescription, face shape and personal style. They understand lenses, and how various prescriptions will affect the end result of how a pair of glasses might look.

I picked out a cotton candy pink titanium frame as my new pair of glasses, plus two pairs of shades. One for me and one for hubby. Modeling both pairs below.

Blue and Cream Wayfarers by RayBan.


Black aviators for hubby by Police. As hubby and I have the same face shape, in general shades that look good on me also work on him.

I did also try the Sofiane from Oliver Peoples but they were too big.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

thanks for shop tip! those wayfarers are great!