Friday, May 8, 2009

Can Anna Sui for Tar-jay Score an XOXO?


Following on the trend of other high fashion meets high street collabos (think Matthew Williamson for H&M, Kate Moss for Topshop, Alexander McQueen for Target), Target announced Anna Sui will launch her line for the affordable retailer on September 13. Inspired by CW's Gossip Girl, the line will only be available up to October 17.

How do you think Anna's interpretation of the Upper East Sider-meets-Pedestrian-Mallrat will pan out? Will it go girly-glam a la Blair Waldorf - think satin, bows and pearly trimmings or go Serena hobo-hippie with faded denim, fringe, and skimpy tank tops? I'd love to see Vanessa's edgy I'm-a-too-cool artist look, but as she's not a central character, slim chance that would happen. *sigh* I always loved the outsider/misfit the best.

2 comments:

Haute World said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure how this will turn out. I never saw the McQ for Target line in person, but my friends in the U.S. complained that it just felt so cheap and having a line that's so famous for it's tailoring and cut go mass market was bound to go wrong.

I guess of Sui sticks to patterns more than materials and tailoring, it can work (with Williamson it's all about the colors, rather than materials). I just have a feeling it's going to end up looking tacky. I do wish someone would channel Jenny. I really love her rock chic style :) Blair and Serena are almost too overdone at this point.

Livie said...

Good comments - it's always a bit sketch to go mass market and it can really go either way. I did like some of the McQ tees but that was about it.

I just hope the materials are not totally cheap. The ethnic patterns anna's been doing this year might work really nicely.

Jenny's style is awesome - especially love her hair!