Monday, May 4, 2009

Double Dutch Royal Affair


Ever since I read Girl with a Pearl Earring, I've been very interested in Dutch art.  Lucky for me, the Vancouver Art Gallery will be presenting "Vermeer, Rembrandt and the Golden Age of Dutch Art: Masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum" from May 10 - September 14.   120 of the finest in Dutch art during this era will be on display.  The Dutch Masters Ball will welcome in the exhibit with a royal bang with a champagne toast to Their Highnesses Princess Marilene and Prince Maurit vans Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven of The Netherlands.  A black-tie dinner, auction, and dancing are to follow.   

What might I wear if I could attend this royal affair?  Some of my picks below.

This one-shouldered Grecian style black gown is fit for a goddess, so why not the Royal Couple? Pair with some giant emeralds a la Angelina Jolie for extra glam.  Dress by Tibi

Watercolour inspired palette makes this a sweeping masterpiece.  By Fiumicelli.  

Moody and abstract, kind of like Colin Firth's Vermeer.  Dress by Vince.

Ok, I have no good reason to pick this other than it would look devastating sexy against bronzed legs. One-shouldered lace dress by Camilla and Marc.

I will be hitting up the show soon so keep posted on my review as well as what I end up wearing.

No comments: