Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ribbons and Cupcakes

Photobucket
I wore this little babydoll dress to a baby shower (polka-dotted gift box in hand). The multi-coloured prezzie print is very cute - it reminds me of little girls' birthday parties. Someone always cried, and more often than not, it's the birthday girl. I know I did at least once, because my mom bought me an ice-cream cake and she kept it in the fridge rather than in the freezer. It turned into a chocolatey sweating mess.
Photobucket
There were lots of good memories too, of course. I loved how my parents would turn the large living room into an impromptu stage for ballet by pushing all the furniture to the edge of the walls. All of the little girls would perform, in small groups, and the birthday girl (me) would dance solo. We all felt like stars.
Photobucket
Betsey Johnson leather bag
Irregularly shaped custom pearl necklace (used to belong to mom)
24K golden key necklace (gift from mom at 5 years old)
Prezzie dress, from Hong Kong (no name)
Gladiator sandals, from Hong Kong

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

You and your Hong Kong loot. So incredible.

Those windy photos are awesome.

MizzJ said...

Cute dress, oh man HK is great. Love that bag!

Haute World said...

Lovely dress! Ah yes... birthday parties were the best as a little girl. Back then, one didn't worry about age ;-)