Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Wannabe a Stella Girl


I know it's hard to look ahead to fall when it's still so warm out but it's the inevitable. The good news: lovely fall clothes and boots to look forward to! And that includes Stella McCartney's Ready-to-Wear Fall collection, for which the designer wanted to bring back the "Stella Girl" of the nineties.

Playing with classic lines and fabrics, McCartney re-invents the basics and adds a modern yet timeless elegance. Taking a transition from her sporty yet feminine spring collection, her fall line takes a cue from menswear influences while balancing the pretty Stella girl. The result is a mix of clinging houndstooth sweater dresses, drapey men's jackets and de-constructed lace, tulle, and silk slips for the evening.

Some of my favorites includes the red boyfriend blazer (very eye-catching), the faux-fur coat (so luxe and cozy) and the lace-sleeved slipdresses (meow!). I also liked McCartney's take on the strong-shoulder trend; she plays it soft and loose with her blouses, and she extends the eye down the arm with exaggerated sleeves. Sequined leggings are big this fall, and MCartney has taken that one step further and created a whole sequined suit - very elegant.


All pictures courtesy of Style.com

5 comments:

Kelly said...

so lovely! i am sad that summer is almost over, but i do love fall rtw. hopefully fall will last longer than winter; i dread the cold! *fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

I love the third to last photo. The teal dress that Sasha P is wearing.

Haute World said...

The only thing that could make me sweat more in this summer heat is the thought of wearing boots and coats ;-) But I've always loved the casual luxe of Stella's collections. The slip dress and the tuxedo jackets are my favorites! But maybe it's because they could still be worn during the warmer weather... hmmm... yes, I'm desperately still clinging on to summer!

Livie said...

@quelle - me too but looks like this week will be nice too so let's enjoy it!

@somedaynewyorker - that teal is gorgeous and so different for fall

@Haute-shopper - i totally love the tuxedo jacket - such a classic. Yes, hopefully we don't have to pull out any fall clothes til at least october!

BlackPearl said...

I love just about everything Stella McCartney does! I'm particularly in love with her Resort Collection I even blogged about it!

http://linkalinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/ill-take-it-all.html

Love your post!!