Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Crop

Photobucket
Fashion, like the seasons, come and go, but I surely did not expect I would try the latest rounds of cropped tops. I picked up this lovely black racerback crop top at Simply Sublime last Friday, and I pulled it out for a holiday-Monday brunch with one of my besties, Sam, visiting from out of town. These pics were somewhat hastily taken, and I forgot to snap my paint-splattered purse, a notorious item that some of my friends have called the ugliest, most hideous thing they have ever seen, while others just love it. Ah, another day.
Photobucket
Above: Sam and I taking a stroll on the marina walkway after brunch.

The new crop has come a long ways since the old belly-baring-low-rider days; the new school are draped, asymmetrical, cut and layered in creative ways.
Photobucket
Along with the crop top, I brought home a slinky gold snake - my come-hither power piece.
Photobucket
Layered underneath is my new multi-coloured neon, leopard print bikini from Roxy (I hit the beach later that afternoon). The bottoms are reversible. Neon has been strong all year, and I see it carrying into the next season.
Photobucket
As the hazy days of August meld into the first Fall leaves, we can look ahead to some exciting style trends. I was polled on Twitter by the lovely Dream Sequins on what Fall trends I'll be rocking - check out my answer here along with the results from other Twitter stylistas.
Photobucket
What Fall trends will you be rocking?

RIDDLED REVEALED: For those wondering, the answer to the handbag riddle in this post is....Chloe!!

Wearing:
Black Racerback Crop Top, KZ Jerzey from Simply Sublime
White High-Waisted Bloomer Shorts, American Apparel
Neon Leopard Bikini, Roxy
Electric Yellow Wedge Peep Toes, from Hong Kong
Snake Necklace, Simply Sublime Jewelry by Constantina James
Floppy Hat, American Apparel

9 comments:

The Anthology said...

I looooove that "slither hither" necklace. It's gorgeous!

And so are your shorts. So cute!

Haute World said...

That's definitely a very wearable crop top... I still cringe when I think of the pervious incarnations, but this is very classy and I love the draping. Great necklace as well, and I love that hat on you! Oh, and now I'm definitely curious about that paint-splattered purse.. I wanna see!

Livie said...

@TheAnthology - thanks! you know i love snake stuff. Those shorts i felt could be a bit disasterous but it all comes together here.

@TheHaute-Shopper - yes, me too, those were the old Britney and Christina Aguilera days! I will be featuring the paint splattered purse soon =D. About the hat, i actually broke my own rule of short girls should not wear hats. I loved this one so much that I had to buy it.

MizzJ said...

Love your top and that snake necklace!

Kelly said...

i love all the different elements of this outfit. please post a photo of this awesome/awful paint-splattered purse! i'm intrigued.

VancityAllie said...

Gorgeous necklace...

I could NEVER pull off that look, but it looks great on you!

I should ask you for some styling help... I'm going to the "horse races"... an event my friend organizes every year with a group of friends dressed up in classic outfits that people used to wear to horse races.

Maybe you could help style me? Pretty please? ;)

Livie said...

Ok the paint splattered puse will make an appearance at some point...

@VanCityAllie - of course - that would be so fun! in fact that's such a good idea I'll write a blog post about it too. I'll dm you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

You should be on a yacht in the Med with that get up. Fabulous!

cebu pictures said...

Well the real beauty is the one who do the modeling. Hi Cute will you be my blog mate?

can we xlink